PacerCMS 0.4 Alpha Released; First Look at the Road Map
It has been just over five months since we released our first packaged version of PacerCMS on SourceForge, and next month the project will turn a year old. The project has had right at 200 downloads so far in its infancy, and still has not shed the "Alpha" tag line. Here is a look at the goals moving forward.
0.4 Alpha marks the final release in the "Alpha" phase of the project, barring major bug fixes or other such concerns. Our next release,
0.5 Beta, should look something like this:
- Installation Script - Creating configuration file and creating database tables
- Template Engine - Likely using Smarty for public templates
- Developer Documentation - Framework overview for easier coding back to the project
0.5 Beta is released, we will get on a more common numbering system for versions/naming. Join our Google Group to offer your thoughts on the next phase of development.
This Release (Subversion R26):
- Removed the Advertising Manager module
- Added Submitted Article delete function (Fixes #2)
- Updates to public search results module
- Updates to the User Access manager
- Updates to file handling at time of install
- Updates to file handling for loading template files
Download PacerCMS 0.4 Alpha